Friday, October 9, 2009

Goodness & Mercy Follow Us!!

KJV Psalm 23:6 Surely your goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life,

The other week we had the oppurtunity to take the kids to one of the last Astros game of the season. Courtesy of the school district.  Goodness & Mercy
Anyone that lives in Houston knows how sticky it can be parking downtown. I came across a lot that had an attendent flagging us down. I rolled down my window
Me: "How much?"
Guy: "10 bucks"
Hubby: "ok"
Me: "No way"
Guy: "ok 5"
Hubby: "ok"
 At this point I am wondering if this guy is legit and looking for the metal drop box for cash payments.
Right then a unmarked cop car comes screaching up



and a man jumps out yellling
"Don't pay him He ain't no attendant"

I glanced at the kids in the backseat there eyes were wide as saucers.
Umm yeah .......We are not cityfolk
I was not about to stick around & witness what may or may not happen next. 
I proceeded to drive away looking for another parking lot.
I found the perfect one at half the price & closer to boot.

Goodness & Mercy

Belle's hair was in rare form
it was similar to a bird's nest.
I had my eye on a Astros cap.
When I walked up and saw the price tag $26 I thought otherwise.
Our free seats were great



You can't go to Minute Maid park without one of these


The guy selling them at our seats charged us $5
The people behind us questioned his price saying it was less the week before.  I thought it was odd but at the same time its not out of the ordinary for prices to fluctuate for almost anything.
Later one of the people sitting behind us went to the consession stand and noticed the board price was cheaper. Long story short he came back with the supervisor and we were refuned our purchase price.
Free frozen lemonade WOOT!! LOL
Goodness & Mercy
When we left we went by guest services to grab Belle's stroller (yes I know she is "too big" I knew it was gong to be alot of walking and carrying her with the cast was a bear) I digress
The lady at Guest Services asked Belle if she would like a little momento?
Guess what it was?
Goodness & Mercy....


No comments: